A naysayer, a grouch.
A stick in the mud.
___”No, wait a minute.
I’m the one that’s stuck in the mud, buddy!”
OK. So I’m just a grumpy geezer. A whimpering whiner, an alliterating pain in the posterior.
I mean I like the sports. In fact I love them. It’s the other things I could do without. And let me enumerate (Also, I’ll list my reasons):
1. I don’t like commercials. The Olympics should be on public television. NBC should be thrown out on their corporate derrieres.
2. I don’t like all those heart-warming moments. They leave me cold.
3. And all those human interest stories are not interesting to me.
4. I don”t like all the promos, set-ups and commentary. Just show me the races
5. And I can’t bear to see Bob Costas degrading himself once again. Costas is a good guy, a real sports fan. It hurts to see him stooping to interview little girls and their moms.
6. That’s another thing. I don’t want to see the Moms and Dads. Just the athletes please.
7. And please, don’t show me any under-age athletes crying when they lose..
8. I’m also tired of beach volleyball
9. I want the fellas who finished fourth and fifth to get medals. They’re good athletes too.
10. I want all races that are decided by less than one tenth of a second difference to be do-overs. A tenth of a second difference is not a difference. Let them run it, swim it again.
11. And I don’t care what country wins the most medals. The Olympics is supposed to bring nations together, not pit them against each other. And I like to see athletes who are not Americans. This is an international competition.
12. Again, get rid of commercial TV.